Monday, October 20, 2008

Incidental LSD

I decided to make some changes to my weekly routine this week due to some holiday plans over the weekend.
Woke up still feeling tired and all, and was still contemplating whether I shld run even after I changed into my running attire :P

Anyway, there was a slight delay this mrn and I started the run 10mins later than usual. Ran the usual Tues route and was surprisingly feeling quite alright in the run. By the time I got to River Valley, I realised I was conquering those more difficult stretches rather easily. When I got to Esplanade, I decided to skip the spin session (since I dread that class anyway as I dislike that particular instructress - nothing personal, just that somehow I tend to drift off in her class) and continued with an LSD.

So I carried on the same route that I took 2 Saturdays ago, and this time instead of going to National Stadium/Kallang, I turned into Tanjong Rhu. By then the sky was already bright and there were quite a number residents up and about doing their mrn walk/jog.

I ran one loop along Tanjong Rhu, before heading back the way I came.

I was feeling very good in the run today. Can't explain why. Guess there are bad days, and there are good days. Today just happens to be one of the rare fantastic ones. The air was cool and fresh and that really helped in the run. The only one thing that marred the run this mrn was on the return leg at the Sg Flyer stretch. Suddenly two dogs ran towards me out of nowhere and one of them started barking at me and baring its scary teeth. I was caught off guard and I screamed. I stopped immediately and walked away hoping that they wouldn't follow me. The dogs were like ready to pounce and bite me!!! ... thankfully they left me alone after following me off their "compound" .... boy was I frightened!! I thought I would have been bitten!

By the time I got to Raffles Place, it was past 8am and CBD was already buzzing !! Not a good sign as the wait at the traffic lights were much longer and also meandered through the crowd. I was quite worried about bumping into some colleagues on my way up the building, as I really wasn't prepared to have them see me dripping in perspiration and their questioning about where I ran etc.

Was really late for work today coz of this LSD. Total time taken (with water breaks) 2 hours 37mins. Hope I covered a half marathon.

My goodness. I almost cannot believe it that I did an LSD on the first day of the workweek! I feel that I'm nuts!

No comments: