Ahhhh ... if only everyday could be this good :)
Had a very hectic Monday so it was a reprieve to NOT have any meetings on Tuesday. Decided last minute to go on half day leave in the afternoon to settle some matters especially since Wed onwards I will be busy at work. So might as well treat myself to a relaxing afternoon off.
Managed to leave office only at 1:30pm, had a relaxing lunch at Subway Marina Square (very empty! So was able to eat a veg wrap and read the Runner's World magazine that Roentgen lent me from eons ago ...) Did some shopping and can't find a decent thing at NIKE (very disappointed with their lack of new range!!! What is this??) and then went on to the gym for my personal training session (last second before membership expires). The session was tiring, the PT was trying to show me all the exercises I could do to train my legs which according to him can help with my running. But aiya, I'm not keen with weight training and without supervision, I'm seldom at the gym lifting weights. Its just too troublesome having to worry about form and injury if not carried correctly.
After the session, went for a SPA session with Loneshark. Thanks to sharkie for inviting me (after learning that I'm going on leave) to the spa at Raffles Town Club. Frankly I couldn't remember much of the body massage because I K.O. almost as soon as I laid on the bed :P Later when I awoke, the masseur commented that my calves are very tight! Must be my running ba. She suggested to go for foot reflexology etc. Ok, shall treat myself to one after the AHM. Prolly need to consider several of the sgrunners' advice to go see a sports doc regarding my shin problems once and for all too. Ok, after AHM. Right now, cannot risk to have anything untoward happens to my legs. Not that I'm some athelete going for PB during AHM, but it is my FIRST AHM leh .... must at least go and experience it and have fun in the process!
After the spa, we headed straight to meet the sgrunners for the CBD run. As many of us at the back (charlotte, cosmic, teelee, charmane, divey & myself) were not keen on the jetty route, Divey suggested we run the Sheares' Bridge-Promenade-Esplanade route. We ran at a relaxing pace and slowly Divey and I were left at the rear of the pack. I still enjoyed running this route as compared to the jetty route. At least I get to see the sea, the skyline etc (albeit with construction ongoing at Esplanade) but at least I get to see something! As compared to darkness, trees and shrubs at the jetty route.
Total distance covered :According to divey is about 11km
Total time taken: 1 hr 10mins (i think, can't remember :P)
We were the last to return and some of them were already eating the yummy brownie that FD bought for us (Thanks FD!!!). After a BD celebration with cake (courtesy of teelee) for cfred whose bd is just a couple of days away, we went to have our dinner at Maxwell. Somehow guessed we spent too long a time chatting at the start point that by the time we finished our dinner and head home, it was close to 10pm!
As usual, got to say a BIG BIG THANK YOU to TEELEE for driving the HSP folks back!!! *bow* On our way back, I realised the toenail that I've been waiting for months for it to drop off was about to come off! I was soooo excited but the guys in the TLV just wouldn't hear of it!! Squirming and looking away from my toe .... I finally pulled it off and showed them the toenail and my joy and relief was greeted only with utter disgust from the guys (Loneshark, Shut, Kay & Taz) Aiyo!!!! WIMPS!!!!!!! They were like looking away, closing their eyes and saying it is damn gross ... huh ???? What's so scary about a dropped off nail really ?? :P
Got home real late ... been a long but fruitful day ....
2 comments:
etc.etc.etc
thanks for running with me, gal!! appreciate it lots!
Post a Comment